Micron Careers For Freshers 2020 Off Campus Drive Hiring As Big Data Engineer
About Company:-Micron Technology’s vision is to transform how the world uses the information to enrich life and our commitment to people, innovation, tenacity, collaboration, and customer focus allows us to fulfill our mission to be a global leader in memory and storage solutions. This means conducting business with integrity, accountability, and professionalism while supporting our global community.
Profile: Big Data Engineer
work Location: Hyderabad
Glassdoor review:-Click here to view
Degree required: B.E/B.Tech/M.E/M.Tech
Passout Year: 2017/2018/2019
Responsibilities and Tasks
Understand the Business Problem and the Relevant Data
- Maintain an intimate understanding of the company and department strategy
- Translate analysis requirements into data requirements
- Identify and understand the data sources that are relevant to the business problem
- Develop conceptual models that capture the relationships within the data
- Define the data-quality objectives for the solution
- Be a subject matter expert in data sources and reporting options
Architect Data Management Systems
- Use an understanding of the business problem and the nature of the data to select an appropriate data management system (Big Data, OLTP, OLAP, etc.)
- Design and implement optimum data structures in the appropriate data management system (Hadoop, Teradata, SQL Server, etc.) to satisfy the data requirements
- Plan methods for archiving/deletion of information
Develop, Automate, and Orchestrate an Ecosystem of ETL Processes for Varying Volumes of Data
- Identify and select the optimum methods of access for each data source (real-time/streaming, delayed, static)
- Determine transformation requirements and develop processes to bring structured and unstructured data from the source to a new physical data model
- Develop processes to efficiently load the transform data into the data management system
Prepare Data to Meet Analysis Requirements
- Work with the data scientist to implement strategies for cleaning and preparing data for analysis (e.g., outliers, missing data, etc.)
- Develop and code data extracts
- Follow standard methodologies to ensure data quality and data integrity
- Ensure that the data is fit to use for data science applications
Qualifications and Experience:
- 0-7 years of experience developing, delivering, and/or supporting data engineering, advanced analytics or business intelligence solutions
- Ability to work with multiple operating systems (e.g., MS Office, Unix, Linux, etc.)
- Experienced in developing ETL/ELT processes using Apache Ni-Fi and Snowflake
- Significant experience with big data processing and/or developing applications and data sources via Hadoop, Yarn, Hive, Pig, Sqoop, MapReduce, HBASE, Flume, etc.
- Understanding of how distributed systems work
- Familiarity with software architecture (data structures, data schemas, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of databases (Oracle, MSSQL, etc.) including SQL and NoSQL.
- Strong mathematics background, analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal and presentation)
- Experience working in a global, multi-functional environment
- Software development
- Ability to travel as needed
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Applied Mathematics or related field of study.
- M.S. degree preferred.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.