Thomson Reuters Freshers Recruitment 2020 Hiring As Software Engineer
About the Company: Thomson Reuters is one of the world’s most trusted providers of answers, helping professionals make confident decisions and run better businesses. Our customers operate in complex arenas that move society forward — law, tax, compliance, government, and media – and face increasing complexity as regulation and technology disrupt every industry.
Main Points Regarding Thomas Reuters Hiring:
Profile: Software Engineer
Degree Needed: B.E/B.Tech/M.E/MCA
Glassdoor review: Thomas Reuters Glassdoor Review
Exp Required: 0-3 years
Job Location: Bangalore
- Trainee Software Engineer
Essential day to day responsibility –
We are looking for a talented, highly motivated Software Engineer to work in a fast-paced, energetic environment. As a Software Engineer, you will be a member of a small team of developers that is responsible for supporting and developing commercial solutions used by customers throughout the globe. You will spend approximately 30% of your time interacting and collaborating with product developers, project managers, software engineers, and quality assurance analysts across the globe. The rest of your time will be spent designing, prototyping, developing, testing and deploying technology solutions.
- Develops, deploys and supports applications from initial ideation to implementation. Development is done in a variety of environments, but mainly Java on a Linux application server using Oracle as the database.
- Develops software solutions by studying requirements; conferring with business users and analysts; studying system flows and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
- Willingness to operate in a diverse platform and has experience working with multiple project environments
- Ability to handle support and development work items from multiple projects concurrently
- Analyzes product requirements and contribute to the design, development, and implementation of the software modules.
- Improves operations by collecting information from support incidents, conducting system analysis, root cause analysis and provide issue resolutions.
- Willingness to learn new technologies, cross-train self and team members in different skills and tools.
- Awareness with Agile project development methodology, SCRUM, continuous integration process.
- Assists team lead with project development estimates and timelines.
- Education –
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
Required Skills –
0 to 3 year’s industry experience
Knowledge and Skills
- Core Java and J2EE
- Spring Framework – Core, Spring MVC, Persistence
- Linux and/or UNIX
- Webservices – RestFUL web service development
- Tomcat/ Apache web servers
- SQL/PLSQL/Oracle databases
- XML , XSL/T , Xpath,
- TFS, CVS, SVN, Perforce or similar source code control system
- Unit testing – Junit, Mockito
- Distributed application development hosted on multiple environments
- Knowledge of .NET, C# is an added plus.
- Strong focus on customer service
Effective written and verbal communication skills
Strong problem solving, data analysis, design, and testing skills.
Hard worker, quick learner, and eager to leverage new technologies.
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in inflexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness, and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
APPLY NOW: Thomson Reuters Freshers hiring